GNM or Gen. Nursing and Midwifery
This course has a duration of three years, and in that time, the students learn about nursing and midwifery from the basics and then work on the professional skills. Trainees are taught the necessary communication skills, medical procedures, and first aid required to pursue their careers later. After the completion, a diploma is awarded.
B.Sc in Nursing
This four-year undergraduate program is officially recognized and trains the students in general nursing practices. The trainees also learn about illness and disease management skills, wellness processes, health promotion, and taking care of the patients. After the completion of the course, a student would have mastered the competent skills in the field.
Any student fulfilling the below criteria is eligible to enroll in the above courses.
- Female Candidates – These courses are currently open for female trainees only.
- Matric + Intermediate – minimum12 years of education
- A minimum of 40% obtained marks from any of the recognized boards / 40% marks in the vocational ANM course, provided it is recognized by the INC (Indian Nursing Council) / 40% marks at least in the vocational stream-health Science recognized by the CBSE board
- State Open School (recognized by the NIOS) candidates are eligible; however, preference will be given to Science.
- English is compulsory as a prerequisite.
At the Santiniketan Sebaniketan Nursing Institute, students can benefit from the following facilities:
- Hostel Accommodation – The teachers and female students have separate hostel facilities
- Transportation is available for regular conveyance as well as field trips and industrial visits.
- Free Wifi on Campus
- Library provides access to the printed resources, including relevant books and journals.
- Well-equipped laboratory with the required technology to help students develop their technical skills
- Maintained playgrounds are available to encourage students to participate in co-curricular activities and sports readily.